Sunday, February 15, 2009

Interviews...

The main reason I went to this fair as opposed to sending out resumes or emailing people is because I wanted face time with real people. Emails, although they connect a lot of people, aren't personal and don't really show who you are.

The interview set-up process at recruitment fairs can be a bit stressful if you've never been there before, but it goes something like this:

1. Line up in front of a door with resume in hand.
2. When doors open, run to the school table you want to interview with most
3. Smile, shake hand and request interview
4. Respond to either "yes" or "no" with smile
5. Move on to next table
6. Repeat 18 to 20 times.

I was able to set up 5 really good interviews. Many of the schools had restrictions where they were either looking for teachers with PYP experience (it's a specific international curriculum) or teachers who are European Union citizens.

I'm still waiting to hear back from several of the schools and it takes time for them to call references and what not.

But here's the thing: I'm not worried.
I'll say it again, I'm not worried.
I don't sit at home frantically checking my email for the okay or no or whatever.
I've been there, done that, wrote the theme song.
It makes your life miserable.

Believe me, many of you will be the first to hear if I hear anything back, but know that in the meantime I'm resting in what He's got for me.
And that, my friends, is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment