Tuesday, February 10, 2009

3 AM, free wireless and sovereignty

Jet lag. If you have never experienced jet lag then I pity you. You don't know what it's like to stay up for 72 hours straight and wonder where you are and what time it is. Aren't you sad you haven't experienced jet lag?

Anyway, it was early Saturday morning and I had done everything. I had prayed. I had read my Bible. I had rehearsed possible interview questions in my head. All of sudden, I felt prompted to turn on my laptop. Here's a peek inside my head:

Voice: Turn on your laptop
Me: No, that's dumb. I'll waste electricity and I don't even had internet.
Voice: Turn on your laptop.
Me: I don't want to.
Voice: Do it.
Me: Okay, fine.

I looked at my watch: 3 AM. Ugh.
Turned on my laptop.
I had wireless.
I don't know where it was from, but it was there, in the middle of central London.
I praised Jesus and went to my email where I got four emails from my mother explaining how my bank account had been shut down due to weird charges at the airport and that I needed to call this number.
So at 3 AM, I was able to email my mother (who was still awake and able to respond), use Skype to call my bank and after explaining my difficulty with the ATM at the airport, reopen my account.
I sat there in shock. Not only had I stayed awake for this, but God had prompted me to open my laptop, provided the free wireless, reminded me of my Skype log-in that I haven't used in a year and keep me coherent enough to reopen my banking account.

He had it all covered. All I had to do was listen and respond.
See that little blue circle: that's wireless internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment